Tours of Historical Buildings
We are so proud of Morgan County and this year we celebrate our Bi-Centennial!
During the day of the Festival on May 19, we will have tours of some of our historic buildings in downtown Wartburg.
Morgan County Archives - Old Jail
The records and materials of the Society are located in the Morgan County Archives and Family Heritage Center in Wartburg, which has graciously provided space for this important work.
Genealogy Room Days/Hours will be Wed - Friday, 11am - 3pm. Other times can be scheduled by appointment. Call (423) 346-5500 during regular hours to make arrangements - or - 423-346-9400, The Morgan County Economic Development office.
Our email address is: email@example.com
Wartburg Presbyterian Church
205 South Kingston Street, Wartburg, Tennessee
Wartburg Presbyterian Church is a historic Presbyterian church in Wartburg, Tennessee. The congregation was established in 1879 and the church building was constructed in 1883. The church building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in December 2013.
Located near the Courthouse Square in Wartburg, the Tanner Store is a multi-use building that began as the Citizens Bank and Trust in 1906. In 1923, the building was enlarged to add a general store. Architecturally, the prominent features of the building on the exterior include the large windows, corner entry, ornamental brackets, and expanse of porches. The interior contains historic wood cabinets and seating. The general store has served as an important commercial and social resource in the community since its opening, while the former bank section has had several uses. John and Maud Tanner ran the general store, which included a pharmacy and restaurant until the first half of the 20th century, when other family members took over. Today, the Tanner Store is the longest run family-owned general store in continuous operation in the county.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
222 S. Church St. Wartburg
The Unicorn Fund & Second Time Around Boutique
Waldersdorf Home of 1855
Wartburg’s oldest surviving structure—a home built by piano maker Charles Waltersdorf—dates to 1855 and currently is home to The
Unicorn Fund and Second Time Around Boutique.